You will need:
- Madeleine tin
- 150g butter
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and grease and dust (with flour) a madeleine tray to make sure they don't stick!
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and leave to cool a little. Meanwhile, measure the eggs and sugar and pop into a large bowl and whisk until pale and thick.
3. Sift in half of your flour (with baking powder) into the egg mixture along with the lemon zest and fold in. Pour in half of the melted better around the edge of the mixture and fold in- repeat with the other half of flour and butter until everything is nicely mixed.
4. Individually spoon in the mix to the tin- until it is just below the surface- you don't want it overflowing whilst baking!
5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden and springy- ease out of the tin and cool on a wire rack, repeat until the mixture is used up! Simple!