These brownies are one of my favourite ever cakey bakes to make. I think I first found the recipe from an online print out from Hummingbird Bakery recipes, and having the very big sweet tooth I have couldn't resist making them. Additionally, you can alter the recipe with cheeky extras to your fancy. I've tried cranberries, walnuts, and raisins but I'm sure things like fudge and toffee could also be really sweet? (very punny Liv)
What you will need:
- 5 eggs
- 500g caster sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
-250g unsalted butter
- 30g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- a baking tray, lined with grease proof paper!
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius! (Gas mark 3)
1. Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whiskwhisk, or, like me, a fork and a hell loada man power, until light and fluffy.
until it looks like this...
2. Add the sifted flour, and stir as you go.
3. Followed by the cocoa powder, and beat until everything is well mixed.
4. Pour in the melted butter and mix through. When the butter is first poured in it seems impossible to stir it all in, but with some folding and immense stirring it will mix in- I promise!
5. Chop your chocolate, and stir it in so they are 'evenly dispersed'.
6. Pour your mixture into your pre lined tray and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is firm and the centre a little soft (poke a knife into it to check it comes out clean!)
8. Chop into squares (the tray usually makes about 12) and dust with icing sugar! Then eat... (sharing occasionally recommended!)
They also taste amazing served with cream or ice cream!